photo facebook.png  photo instagram.png

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Every time I visit him, I would ask, "Do you know who I am?", sometimes he ll nod his head and say yes, and I ll ask him for my name. Sometimes he ll shake his head and say no, he dont remember, because he s old, laughing away. Then I ll tell him who I am, reminding him.

I thought that I was just afraid that he would forget about me one day as he age. Then I realised, no I wasnt just afraid of that, but I am also afraid that one day he will stop answering me. Im afraid that he would not even be able to tell me that he dont remember me, dont remember my name anymore. Im afraid that I wont be able to see him smile, and laugh away anymore. I can never forget how he always ask me for bread, and how happy he was when I "steal" some bread from the kitchen just for him to snack on.

He was not a perfect guy. He did shit that once made the family hate him, including me. But he know what he once did, and he reflect. Some say, it s too late, but to me, its never too late.

Dear 外公, please be fine.

x.

No comments:

Post a Comment